8 Ways Visual Plan Can Improve Workflows for a Security Integrator, saving time, reducing cost and driving value to customers.Recently, the team at Visual Plan completed a large security by design project with a risk consultant and large security integrator. When the time came for pre-sales, the security risk assessor, designer and engineers to present their findings and recommendations, Visual Plan because the primary tool used to communicate with the client and other stakeholders. Visual Plan allowed all stakeholders to become active participates, to truly visualize and understand from perspective viewpoints why these recommendations were important. Often these meetings are very boring, reviewing old 2D diagrams lacking a visual element of learning, or require a walk-through of the property to get a better understanding of the proposal. Topics such as how trees and vegetation would prevent CCTV visibility simply can’t be shown with a 2D map effectively.
As a result, the client was deeply involved in the process and came away with a clear understanding of the proposal, giving him the confidence to make approvals to move forwards. From this recently experience and the feedback we received at every level in the instigator’s organization, we can clearly articulate 8 ways in which Visual Plan is changing the way Security Integrator’s do business.
1. Pre-Sales and Client Collaboration: one of the most time-consuming and costly steps for an integrator is bidding a project, creating proposals and getting customers to “buy-in” to move forwards. Visual Plan offers a unique way to involve the customer into the process. The customer can visually see exactly how and where assets will be installed, and questions can be answered quickly and easily as you navigate the 360° model. Items such as vegetation or obstacles such as piping or vantage points and blind spots are not easily explained through 2D diagrams alone. Visual Pan is a full 360° collection of all building information in just 1 site visit, ensuring nothing is neglected or gone unmeasured. With Visual Plan, the client is immersively involved in the process, gaining an intimate understanding of what, how, and why the integrator is proposing. As a result, customers are empowered to make quick and decisive decisions based on a true understanding of the process. Not only will you save time and reduce costs through the entire process, you will elevate your value and can likely increase your price as a premium service offering. A further value is that you will leave your client with a perfect tool to be used for future integrations, or to manage their facilities and maintenance schedules.
2. Identify & Measure Your Risk while designing programs to help mitigate that risk: Having 360° situational awareness is critical for the risk assessor. Notes, basic photographs and inaccurate 2D plans present challenges as they leave gaps of missing building information. Not everything is captured, measured and sensitive risks can be overlooked. Why leave to memory what Visual Plan can permanently and completely digitize, ensuring all building information is available at your fingertips to revisit anytime. This is especially important when applying critical thinking to assessing risk and designing a mitigation plan. By having a virtual 360° model, the security consultant will have full confidence in the countermeasures they recommend, without requiring repeated site visits or involving the customer. Visual Plan depicts the findings of a risk assessment to graphically identify, measure, and mitigate risk.
5. Program and Project Management: A key component to efficient workflow is getting all stakeholders on the same page. Visual Plan is the centralized place where the entire life cycle of the security process can live. Everyone from pre-sales, to risk assessment, design, project management, implementation to client engagement have a centralized place to work efficiently.
7. Training & Advanced Integration: Virtual building sites offer a tremendous value to offsite or virtual training, especially when dealing with secure or dangerous spaces. Past as-built documentation from Visual Plan can be extremely valuable to future integrations, where knowing critical information now hidden behind walls, drop ceilings or crawl spaces.
8. Performance Management: Ensuring investments are showing a return and protecting investments made is critical to performance management. By using Visual Plan, security professionals and facility managers can mark assets, link maintenance records, preserve historical notes, warranty, vender information, instruction manuals and other critical details so you have them at your fingertips when required. Beyond access to documentation, Visual Plan is very helpful when directing and managing people efficiently to address asset failures or building maintenance.
To learn more about Visual Plan and how our team can help you with your next project, please call us today. Schedule a web demo or free consultation to see how we can help.
Also look for a local workshop for our popular 1 day workshop on Approaches to Risk Assessment Tools and Processes – https://visualplan.net/our-events/
Kelly Watt | CEO & Founder
Visual Plan Inc. | firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 206-202-4220